School groups can visit the Fair for only $1 per student!
School groups can visit the 2019 Utah State Fair for the discounted school group rate from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, Sept. 5
- Friday, Sept. 6
- Monday, Sept. 9
- Tuesday, Sept. 10
- Wednesday, Sept. 11
- Thursday, Sept. 12
- Friday, Sept. 13
Sorry, school group admission rates are not offered on weekends.
- Gates open for school groups at 9:00 AM.
- All school field trip groups must check in at a ticket office between 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM to be eligible for field trip group admission. All field trip groups must be at the gates and paid before 1:00 PM.
- Once on the grounds, groups can stay as long as they would like.
- Please note that all vendors, shopping, and the carnival will be closed until the regular Fair hours.
Admission for School Groups
- Students and chaperones pay only $1.00 each (chaperones must pay with the group to qualify for the $1.00 rate).
- Admission will be waived for students unable to pay the $1.00 admission charge.
- We allow a ratio of one (1) teacher/chaperone to three (3) or more students. Additional teachers/chaperones must pay regular gate admission.
- School groups must pay with cash, one school check, money order or credit card in one transaction (no personal checks will be accepted). No pre-payments will be accepted.
- Please select one group representative to pay for all admission. Be prepared to provide the school name, address, phone number, number of students and number of chaperones paying the $1.00 admission fee, and number of student admissions being waived.
- School groups should enter through Gate C.
- Parking is free to buses, marked school vehicles, and any chaperone vehicles immediately following the buses.
- Buses need to park in Lot D (enter off 300 North or 1000 West).
- Any groups not entering with the busses or marked school vehicles must pay to park at $10.00 per vehicle. Free street parking is available.
Admission for Home School Groups
Homeschool groups are welcome to attend the Fair at the $1.00 rate for students and chaperones. Please note that to be eligible for the school group rate your group must have a ratio of one (1) teacher or chaperone to three (3) students or more.
- Schools are welcome to bring their own lunches onto the grounds. Lunch storage is available in the Administration Building. We are sorry but no refrigeration is available.
- If a lunch area is needed, picnic tables are located on the Center Mall and throughout the Fairpark. Grass areas may also be utilized as lunch areas.
- For more questions about school group visits, please contact Nicki Claeys at firstname.lastname@example.org